This is a list of principles Plaza Theatre Company will adhere to in regards to all auditioning and casting activities. This includes all Producers, Directors, Assistant Directors, Stage Managers, Choreographers, Musical Directors, or anyone else involved in the show.
1. Plaza Theatre Company casts from open auditions. First consideration for roles will be given to those who choose to audition for the show.
2. In the event that PlazaCo producers elect to pre-cast a role, notice will be given BEFORE the audition.
3. Plaza Theatre Company will always cast those they feel will best suit the role and production.
4. Plaza Theatre Company will never allow favoritism to be shown at an audition. Every audition will begin from a level playing field.
5. Plaza Theatre Company will always strive to make the audition process open and polite. Every auditioner will be shown appreciation for their willingness to audition.
6. Plaza Theatre Company will always present a prepared audition process. Auditioners time will always be a consideration.
7. Plaza Theatre Company will strive to provide timely notification throughout the casting process. All auditioners will be notified as soon as possible regarding casting decisions.